1. Collect dandelion heads from an unsprayed area (make sure to leave plenty for the bees as this is some if their first food)!
2. I don’t wash my dandelions as that removes all the pollen, simply give them a wee shake and let them sit for a few hours to allow beasties to crawl away.
3. Weigh your Dandelion heads then pop them in a saucepan. Now, add to that water which is double the weight of the dandelion heads and some slices of lemon – simmer for 15 minutes then turn off the heat, leave to steep overnight.
4. Next day, strain liquid from dandelions and lemon, weigh this liquid and put in a saucepan with an equal weight of sugar – boil for 20+ minutes.
5. Pour hot liquid into hot sterilised jars and seal – it will thicken as it cools and tastes delicious on porridge – yum!